The Los Angeles Dodgers and R/GA announced the 10 companies selected for the first-ever LA Dodgers Accelerator program.
Created in partnership between the LA Dodgers and leading global agency R/GA, the program is designed to provide both category leaders and earlier stage companies with opportunities for strategic business development, pilot programs, technology development, and brand strategy customized for each of the participants.
The companies selected for the program include category leaders and the best emerging companies at the intersection of sports, technology, entertainment and media.
Innovating across categories that include fan experiences, sports operations and the very idea of sports entertainment, companies in the program represent areas as diverse as: community sports, athlete recruiting, advanced analytics for fantasy sports, team and athlete performance management, peer-to-peer fantasy gaming, next-generation customer analytics, live-event POS, and social fan polling.
The program will be located in Los Angeles at the R/GA LA office, and will culminate in an invite-only demo day for industry leaders, partner organizations, investors, and press at Dodger Stadium in early November 2015.
The 10 companies selected for the program represent the diverse spectrum of sports technology and entertainment:
1. Appetize – POS, mobile-ordering, and inventory management platform for live events
2. Doorstat – helps businesses and brands better understand foot traffic, customer demographics, and customer behavior through a proprietary technology solution
3. FieldLevel – private social network for sports recruiting that connects coaches and helps college teams find the best athletes for their programs
4. FocusMotion – complete solution that makes it easy to track and analyze movements, gestures, and exercises with wearables
5. Kinduct – develops connected health, fitness and human performance software solutions that help make people better
6. LeagueApps – platform enabling local sports organizers to create and manage amazing sports experiences
7. ProDay – mobile app that lets anyone work out with professional athletes. Anytime. Anywhere.
8. SidePrize – facilitates side challenges for your fantasy league
9. Swish Analytics – algorithm-driven tools for daily fantasy players, and fans
10. Yezno – social platform that allows sports fans to poll, engage and debate each other
“This program includes companies that have already established category leadership and are rapidly scaling operations, as well as earlier-stage companies with innovative ideas and visionary founders,” said Tucker Kain, Chief Financial Officer, LA Dodgers, and Managing Director, Guggenheim Baseball Management, LP. “All of the companies will benefit greatly from the network and expertise the LA Dodgers, and its ownership, can provide.”
Said Stephen Plumlee, Global Chief Operating Officer, R/GA and Managing Partner of R/GA Ventures. “We are also excited to work with each of the emerging companies. With their input, we are innovating on the very idea of what an accelerator is and how a program can create value for companies at all stages.”
Leveraging the full resources of the Dodgers, their ownership and partner organizations, along with the strategic brand-building, design, and technology capabilities of R/GA, the LA Dodgers Accelerator with R/GA will provide unparalleled access to industry partnerships, mentors, and distribution channels, supporting companies not only in accelerating great products and services, but also in developing successful business models, impactful customer experiences and enduring brands.
And by the way, the list of mentors is insane: